Proudly serving Madison, Wisconsin, our methadone clinics provide adults struggling with addiction the ability to recover from heroin, oxycodone, Percocet, and other opiates.
Benefits of Individual Therapy
Benefits of Individual Therapy for Opioid Abuse
Those struggling with addiction must overcome more than the act of abusing a substance. Since the causes for addiction extend beyond the physical act of injecting or using a drug, effective treatment must delve deeper to help patients gain a clear understanding of the emotional factors that may have aided in the development of an addiction in the first place. By incorporating individual therapy into a comprehensive treatment program, patients are provided the opportunity to understand the causes behind their addictive behaviors. Individual therapy is a therapeutic method that involves patients working with a qualified counselor in a one-on-one setting to openly discuss their addictions to morphine, heroin, or prescription painkillers.
The benefits of individual therapy include the following:
- Helping patients recognize past traumatic events that may have aided in the abuse of substances
- Assisting patients in developing new viewpoints in relation to the potential underlying causes of substance abuse/addiction
- Proving patients with new and healthy ways in which to cope with stress or negative feelings
- Helping patients handle obstacles and/or achievements throughout the course of treatment
- Guiding patients towards creating new strategies for handling compromising situations in which using substances is tempting
- Assisting patients in forming new goals for both the present and future
By providing patients with the opportunity to understand their own behaviors and emotions behind the choices that may have led them to use drugs in the first place, individuals are able to prepare for futures that are free from the abuse of substances. Individual therapy provides patients with a safe and encouraging environment in which to process their emotions and gain the support of a highly qualified counselor.
Building a Foundation
Building a Foundation for Opioid Abuse Recovery
In addition to the previously mentioned benefits, patients who take part in individual therapy will most likely experience the following throughout the therapeutic process:
- An increase in their self-confidence
- Enhanced self-esteem
- A reduction in their levels of stress
- An increased sense of self-awareness
Individual therapy can help patients build a solid foundation in which to progress towards a life free from opioid abuse and addiction. Madison Comprehensive Treatment Centers believes that utilizing individual therapy as a part of our comprehensive programming provides patients with the tools necessary in order to process the emotional components of addiction. Our knowledgeable and dedicated counselors are also available throughout the entire treatment process to check-in with patients to ensure that they are progressing appropriately and can address any issues that may arise during the course of treatment.
If you or someone you love would benefit from the comprehensive treatment available through Madison Comprehensive Treatment Centers, please contact our knowledgeable intake team today. Our team of highly qualified professionals can help you break free from the chains of addiction and enjoy a healthy, happy, substance-free life once again.